Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lent

Sometimes I have no idea what I should give up. But sometimes it isn't necessarily about giving up. Sometimes it is about giving without the up. Sometimes you have to do. And once you realize that it gets deeper. You start to realize that Lent is not some bothersome time when you have to restrain yourself from eating sweets and watching your favorite TV shows, but a time for development in your spiritual life. And yes, it is also the time to realize that you do sin, and that you do have fault, faults that you might try -and successfully- to hide from others, but can't hide form God. Faults that he sees in the most secret depths of your soul.
.
One aspect of Lent, especially during Holy Week, are all the church activities, i.e. Soup Suppers, Stations of the Cross. And when during Holy Week you attend Palm Sunday Mass, Holy Thursday Mass, Good Friday Service, and Easter Sunday Mass, do you ever feel tired with all of that going back and forth from home to Church? Since I have been serving, however, I have started to feel the importance of the Mass and its meaning more in full, something I had never realized before.
.
Lent is a time for me when I start to realize my faults, but more importantly, that in spite of those mistakes God will always loves me, to the extent of dying in the cross, for me, and for all of us.
.
- I actually typed this Tuesday but am not posting until today.
.
We are going to a wedding this weekend and I will have to make a newspaper article on the wedding. That will be hard for me because when I write fill it with adverbs, adjectives, and strong verbs. Writing plain hard facts will be a hard feat for me; I guess that makes it a better milestone on my part.
.
I will post soon and hope I will actually post every day instead of slacking, as I have been doing this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment