Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sealed in Christ

A bishop's hands,
coming, stretching,
toward my face,
dripping with oil,
chrism,
blessed to confirm,
peace and joy,
flooding my soul,
I am sealed in Christ,
the Spirit.

- I wrote this for an IMPACT project I am doing about Confirmation. Architect A is drawing a picture of a bishop confirming, and I am writing the text for the poster. And, seeing who I am, Architect A set me to also write a poem, which I probably would have done anyway.

I wrote this at co-op sitting outside on a rock, with nothing else to do. Everyone was in class and I had nowhere to go. I thought, "Oh, I'll write that poem". It came together in about the space of 5 minutes. Afterwards I felt very close to God, and rather joyful while I waited for Silly Sally to get out of class.

It is probably the shortest poem I have ever written. But it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment