Monday, June 3, 2013

My summer project!!!

One night, Silly Sally asked me to tell her a bedtime story. I didn't really feel like finishing it because I was really tired, so I said I would finish it the next night. Well, after about 2 weeks of saying that, I finally finished the story. I thought it was cool, and thought "Maybe I should write it down." Of course, I never really did anything about it for about a year. But lately I've been thinking about it a lot more, and I've decided: this summer I shall write a book. Because really, the "bedtime story" is more like a novel.
.
I started on Wednesday. I'm currently in the middle of chapter 2. I have no idea how long it will be. Writing it will add a lot more "filler" that you just say they did in a story or something like that. I am also developing a language for them to speak in my world. It is called Gab, and uses only the letters A-G. Crazy, I know.
.
As I type and finish editing chapters I will post them here, and I will try to make them regular. I am also writing some history and stuff like that about the setting of the story for my own reference, and to keep you busy when I'm in a tough spot with the story. Well, not really not really the story, as I have an advantage that I already know where the story goes and that sort of thing, but writing it with the words and conversations and everything that have faded from my mind in the past year will get me stuck sometimes. Also, recalling episodes will prove hard, as Silly Sally and I are already have debates about how things went, and it's my story!
.
So anyway, I'm super excited and will be posting the first chapter shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment